Thank you to link contributors. If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] • Tube platform green lanes trial (Diamond Geezer) • Mexico City is killing parking / Swindon’s Magic 7 layer Roundabout (Wired) • How a city’s layout can affect its economic success (CityMetric) • Silicon Valley tech campuses ignore the rest of the city (NY Times) • Roman roads of Britain tube map ...
AUCKLAND Council is expected to decide next week whether to proceed with an order for 17 battery-electric multiple units, which would replace DMUs on services on suburban services to Pukekohe. The trains would operate under electric power between Britomart and Papakura, where they would switch to battery mode for the remainder of the journey to Pukekohe. At present passengers have to change from electric to connecting diesel services at Papakura. The $NZ 207m fleet would be supplied by CAF, ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Friday Reads – August 18, 2017 (19:04, 20 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (11:27, 20 August 2017)
- Al Daw on c2c: The Timetables, They Are A-Changin’ (21:58, 19 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (09:56, 18 August 2017)
- Graham Feakins on The Kent Route Study (Part 4): Victoria – Dartford, the Forgotten Southeast Service (01:24, 18 August 2017)