Thank you to link contributors. If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] • Tube platform green lanes trial (Diamond Geezer) • Mexico City is killing parking / Swindon’s Magic 7 layer Roundabout (Wired) • How a city’s layout can affect its economic success (CityMetric) • Silicon Valley tech campuses ignore the rest of the city (NY Times) • Roman roads of Britain tube map ...
AUCKLAND Council is expected to decide next week whether to proceed with an order for 17 battery-electric multiple units, which would replace DMUs on services on suburban services to Pukekohe. The trains would operate under electric power between Britomart and Papakura, where they would switch to battery mode for the remainder of the journey to Pukekohe. At present passengers have to change from electric to connecting diesel services at Papakura. The $NZ 207m fleet would be supplied by CAF, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (01:46, 18 February 2018)
- Anon E. Mouse on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (00:54, 18 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)