Alstom and Paris Transport Authority (RATP) have successfully completed an experiment concerning the autonomous stabling of a tram at RATP’s line T7 depot in Vitry-sur-Seine. The project took six months to complete, including three at the Vitry-sur-Seine site. A phase of additional tests is due to be launched in the second half of 2017. The tram detects obstacles and reacts by reducing speed through maximum service or emergency braking and is also capable of positioning itself on the site and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (00:54, 17 March 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (23:20, 16 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)
- Phil Harmonic on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (14:44, 16 March 2018)