Alstom and Paris Transport Authority (RATP) have successfully completed an experiment concerning the autonomous stabling of a tram at RATP’s line T7 depot in Vitry-sur-Seine. The project took six months to complete, including three at the Vitry-sur-Seine site. A phase of additional tests is due to be launched in the second half of 2017. The tram detects obstacles and reacts by reducing speed through maximum service or emergency braking and is also capable of positioning itself on the site and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- methers on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (23:05, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:35, 20 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)