Alstom and Paris Transport Authority (RATP) have successfully completed an experiment concerning the autonomous stabling of a tram at RATP’s line T7 depot in Vitry-sur-Seine. The project took six months to complete, including three at the Vitry-sur-Seine site. A phase of additional tests is due to be launched in the second half of 2017. The tram detects obstacles and reacts by reducing speed through maximum service or emergency braking and is also capable of positioning itself on the site and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (19:13, 16 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (14:57, 16 December 2018)
- Aneconspeaks on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (18:28, 16 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)