The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on Thursday 11th August from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentors. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: We have the upstairs room booked, so head to the back and go upstairs to join us! Where to find us We will likely be at The ...
Total Transport: a better approach to commissioning non-emergency patient transport? ‘Total Transport’ schemes pool resources and vehicle fleets from across the public sector which are currently used to provide separate mainstream, social services, education and healthcare transport provision. Through pooling and coordination a better overall service can be provided at less cost to the taxpayer. However, it is proving challenging to get NHS non emergency patient transport services to ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (22:48, 22 July 2017)
- Anonymous on The Last Stand of the Old Guard? (21:51, 22 July 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on The Final Result: Crossrail Heads to Terminal 5 (01:08, 22 July 2017)
- Moosealot on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (17:55, 21 July 2017)
- Maidstone Jotter (Ça n'fait rien) on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (14:29, 19 July 2017)