If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] Slow death and rebirth of Battersea Power Station (Mike Horne Metadyne) Vision Zero data shows decrease in pedestrian deaths (Governing) True costs of driving (The Atlantic) How Napping Commuters Know when it’s their stop (NY Magazine) Drone second responders (LA Times) LA transit art posters (LA Metro) Japanese railway staff point to safety (99% Invisible)
The Rail Delivery Group (RDG), comprising seven UK-based rail companies, has agreed to allow long distance passengers to buy cheaper advance tickets up to ten minutes before the departure of the train. The initiative will allow the passengers of Grand Central, Greater Anglia, Northern, TransPennine Express, Virgin Trains East Coast, Virgin Trains West Coast and Caledonian Sleeper to buy tickets on the day of travel. Rail operator CrossCountry previously introduced the service in 2015 and has ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (22:48, 22 July 2017)
- Anonymous on The Last Stand of the Old Guard? (21:51, 22 July 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on The Final Result: Crossrail Heads to Terminal 5 (01:08, 22 July 2017)
- Moosealot on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (17:55, 21 July 2017)
- Maidstone Jotter (Ça n'fait rien) on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (14:29, 19 July 2017)