If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] Slow death and rebirth of Battersea Power Station (Mike Horne Metadyne) Vision Zero data shows decrease in pedestrian deaths (Governing) True costs of driving (The Atlantic) How Napping Commuters Know when it’s their stop (NY Magazine) Drone second responders (LA Times) LA transit art posters (LA Metro) Japanese railway staff point to safety (99% Invisible)
The Rail Delivery Group (RDG), comprising seven UK-based rail companies, has agreed to allow long distance passengers to buy cheaper advance tickets up to ten minutes before the departure of the train. The initiative will allow the passengers of Grand Central, Greater Anglia, Northern, TransPennine Express, Virgin Trains East Coast, Virgin Trains West Coast and Caledonian Sleeper to buy tickets on the day of travel. Rail operator CrossCountry previously introduced the service in 2015 and has ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (01:47, 21 April 2018)
- cjw714 on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (00:49, 21 April 2018)
- Toby on Friday Reads – 20 April 2018 (21:12, 20 April 2018)
- IslandDweller on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:15, 20 April 2018)
- Trey on The New Tube For London: The Driverless Train With A Driver (12:06, 18 April 2018)