If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] Slow death and rebirth of Battersea Power Station (Mike Horne Metadyne) Vision Zero data shows decrease in pedestrian deaths (Governing) True costs of driving (The Atlantic) How Napping Commuters Know when it’s their stop (NY Magazine) Drone second responders (LA Times) LA transit art posters (LA Metro) Japanese railway staff point to safety (99% Invisible)
The Rail Delivery Group (RDG), comprising seven UK-based rail companies, has agreed to allow long distance passengers to buy cheaper advance tickets up to ten minutes before the departure of the train. The initiative will allow the passengers of Grand Central, Greater Anglia, Northern, TransPennine Express, Virgin Trains East Coast, Virgin Trains West Coast and Caledonian Sleeper to buy tickets on the day of travel. Rail operator CrossCountry previously introduced the service in 2015 and has ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (11:12, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)