Arriva-owned open access operator Alliance Rail Holdings has confirmed it will be unable to begin its new Blackpool-London Euston service next year as planned. The company, which received approval from the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) in 2015 to launch the new service, said it had been unable to acquire the Class 390 Pendolino stock it required. In a statement, Alliance expressed appreciation for the support provided by Alstom and the Department for Transport (DfT). Although the current ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)