Arriva-owned open access operator Alliance Rail Holdings has confirmed it will be unable to begin its new Blackpool-London Euston service next year as planned. The company, which received approval from the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) in 2015 to launch the new service, said it had been unable to acquire the Class 390 Pendolino stock it required. In a statement, Alliance expressed appreciation for the support provided by Alstom and the Department for Transport (DfT). Although the current ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (20:32, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- RayK on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:02, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)