Arriva-owned open access operator Alliance Rail Holdings has confirmed it will be unable to begin its new Blackpool-London Euston service next year as planned. The company, which received approval from the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) in 2015 to launch the new service, said it had been unable to acquire the Class 390 Pendolino stock it required. In a statement, Alliance expressed appreciation for the support provided by Alstom and the Department for Transport (DfT). Although the current ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)