“New tool uses ‘incontrovertibly accurate’ big data algorithm to avert SPADs – A new software has used big data involving more than a hundred million incidences of trains approaching signals on the UK rail network in order to help operators ensure that the likelihood of trains passing red lights are vastly reduced. “Created by the University of Huddersfield’s Institute of Railway Research (IRR) in partnership with the RSSB, the software – called RAATS, or Red Aspect ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (16:11, 17 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- JFN on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (12:51, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)