“New tool uses ‘incontrovertibly accurate’ big data algorithm to avert SPADs – A new software has used big data involving more than a hundred million incidences of trains approaching signals on the UK rail network in order to help operators ensure that the likelihood of trains passing red lights are vastly reduced. “Created by the University of Huddersfield’s Institute of Railway Research (IRR) in partnership with the RSSB, the software – called RAATS, or Red Aspect ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)