The second Thursday of the month is here so it is time for our meetup, which happens tomorrow on Thursday 8th June from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentors. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: Be warned, we don’t have the upstairs room tonight, so look for LR issues on a table downstairs. Where to ...
Transport for London has begun early market engagement for the potential retrofitting of automated vehicle speed monitoring and driver vigilance devices to the Tramlink light rail fleet. This follows a fatal accident on November 8 2016, when a tram travelling at approximately 70 km/h on a section of line with a speed limit of 20 km/h derailed on a curve at Sandilands Junction in Croydon. Seven passengers were killed and 51 injured. TfL’s London Trams division envisages that an Automatic ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (12:57, 27 June 2017)
- Mark B on TfL Confirm Gap in Croxley Rail Link Funding (11:28, 27 June 2017)
- Latecomer on Meltdown Monday: How Southern’s Problems Run Deeper Than Disputes (08:36, 27 June 2017)
- Alex McKenna on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (21:02, 26 June 2017)
- Graham H on High Speed Buffers (Part 4): Terminal Policies and Priorities (20:28, 25 June 2017)