For Sale: The Entire Contents Of Heathrow Terminal 1 “(15+) Kilometers of Stainless Hand and Foot rail systems”. “(11) Luggage Reclaim Carousels”. “(4,000+) Airport Seats”. “(5) Complete Airbridges (In storage)”. So reads the inventory for the sale of this summer; the entire contents of Heathrow Terminal 1 is being plucked out and sold off. Full article Sale brochure
Competition between the City and Canary Wharf, Conservative party politics and the rise and fall of one of the world’s largest property developers all helped define the Jubilee line as we know it today. Jonathan Roberts and Long Branch Mike explore the relationship between the Jubilee line Extension and the Docklands and the near-forgotten plans to build the ‘Waterloo & Greenwich’ – London’s first privately-funded Tube since WW2. In the 1970s and early 1980s ...
“Environmental lawyers are taking the government to the high court for a third time in a bid to remove “major flaws” from minister’s plans to tackle the UK’s illegal levels of air pollution. “ClientEarth has inflicted two humiliating defeats on the government over previous plans, which were ruled not to meet legal requirements. Lawyers from ClientEarth had requested improvements to the latest plan from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Friday Reads – August 18, 2017 (19:04, 20 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (11:27, 20 August 2017)
- Al Daw on c2c: The Timetables, They Are A-Changin’ (21:58, 19 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (09:56, 18 August 2017)
- Graham Feakins on The Kent Route Study (Part 4): Victoria – Dartford, the Forgotten Southeast Service (01:24, 18 August 2017)