If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] How London can cut air pollution – CityMetric Tunnel boring machine display in Westminster – Ian Visits Transport art of Gail Brodholt – The Beauty of Transport Computational patterns in new Cambridge North station – StephenWolfram.com Dublin’s new bus routes plan – NextCity Barcelona super blocks to reduce vehicle pollution – ...
The Government has backtracked over a threat to put £1.8bn from a sale of Network Rail assets towards cutting the deficit. However, the infrastructure operator could still be forced to cut maintenance work and drop planned upgrade works because of a funding shortfall. As Transport Network reported earlier this month, the Network Rail board was told in September that ‘HMT were now requiring the proceeds of the asset disposals programme to count to deficit reduction thus handicapping NR’s use ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (20:43, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)