Tube trains running on the London Underground could soon get mobile signal coverage in the carriage under plans being drawn up by London Mayor Sadiq Khan. People can already access the internet through their phone on many platforms of London Underground stations, but service in the tunnels is non-existent. Other major cities including Paris, New York and Tokyo already have the technology to prevent mobile blackspots while on their metro systems. The Financial Times said Transport for London ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)