Tube trains running on the London Underground could soon get mobile signal coverage in the carriage under plans being drawn up by London Mayor Sadiq Khan. People can already access the internet through their phone on many platforms of London Underground stations, but service in the tunnels is non-existent. Other major cities including Paris, New York and Tokyo already have the technology to prevent mobile blackspots while on their metro systems. The Financial Times said Transport for London ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (03:04, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)