Tube trains running on the London Underground could soon get mobile signal coverage in the carriage under plans being drawn up by London Mayor Sadiq Khan. People can already access the internet through their phone on many platforms of London Underground stations, but service in the tunnels is non-existent. Other major cities including Paris, New York and Tokyo already have the technology to prevent mobile blackspots while on their metro systems. The Financial Times said Transport for London ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (01:47, 21 April 2018)
- cjw714 on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (00:49, 21 April 2018)
- Toby on Friday Reads – 20 April 2018 (21:12, 20 April 2018)
- IslandDweller on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:15, 20 April 2018)
- Trey on The New Tube For London: The Driverless Train With A Driver (12:06, 18 April 2018)