A report produced by consultancy Steer Davies Gleave with support from Politecnico di Milano looks at the future of night train services. “Passenger night trains in Europe: the end of the line?” looks in detail at the financial, economic, social and environmental viability of night train services. The report says that while night train services have declined, they still contribute to the mobility needs of European citizens. Although ‘it seems unlikely that the night train sector ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (17:30, 18 February 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (14:55, 18 February 2019)
- Mikey C on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (14:28, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- martin currie on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (18:31, 16 February 2019)