A report produced by consultancy Steer Davies Gleave with support from Politecnico di Milano looks at the future of night train services. “Passenger night trains in Europe: the end of the line?” looks in detail at the financial, economic, social and environmental viability of night train services. The report says that while night train services have declined, they still contribute to the mobility needs of European citizens. Although ‘it seems unlikely that the night train sector ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)