The ‘Quiet Rail Strategy’ being adopted by Germany means noisy freight wagons will be banned from the national network within four years. The Ministry of Transport says wagons will need to be fitted with so-called ‘whisper’ brakes in order to meet new regulations. It follows the passing of legislation which means that after December 13, 2020, freight operators could be fined up to 50,000 Euros if they fail to meet the stringent requirements. After 13 December 2020, freight wagons may not ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (21:02, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)