London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced the first ever Low Emission Bus Zone in one of the most polluted areas of London, Putney High Street. The clean bus zone, which runs a total of 145 buses on seven scheduled routes, will now be serviced by cleaner buses in a bold move to cut harmful nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. The route, running from Putney Station to Putney Bridge Road, is the first of 12 new Low Emission Bus Zones to be introduced at air quality hotspots. The zones represent the most ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- John B on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (07:10, 16 July 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (21:47, 15 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:22, 15 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 6 July 2018 (15:20, 14 July 2018)
- 100andthirty on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (12:38, 9 July 2018)