After decades of relative stagnation, the world of transportation is on the cusp of multiple revolutions. The biggest three: Electrification: a shift from internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to electric vehicles (EVs) Automation: a shift from human-piloted vehicles to automated vehicles (AVs) that drive themselves Ride-sharing: a shift from privately owned, often single-occupant vehicles to fleets of shared cars, vans, and small and large buses There has been a great deal of discussion ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (21:02, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)