Hitachi said this ‘vision’ builds on the company’s ‘rich history in creating iconic high speed rolling stock’ ranging from Shinkansen trainsets in Japan to the ETR1000 units for Trenitalia, the last of which has just been dispatched from the manufacturer’s Pistoia plant. This has been blended with UK engineering ‘to turn this initial concept into a formalised model’. Hitachi said this combination of experience and innovation would meet the objectives ...
In line with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s policy goals of providing support to growing neighbourhoods and access to opportunities, a new ferry service was launched this week, NYC Ferry. The service currently offers two routes – servicing Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens – and two further routes are due to be opened later this year. The Mayor presented the ferry service as a solution to increasing traffic congestion in the city, taking advantage of the underutilised waterways. The ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)