An innovative new system to stow seats within passenger train carriages to create space for cargo is now available for train operating companies to trial. It’s a unique approach, developed in collaboration with the UK rail sector and offers significant commercial, environmental and passenger benefits. 42 Technology, a mechanical engineering corporation has announced the development of a complete seating system that will enable train operating companies for the first time to configure specific ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (21:54, 21 October 2018)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (21:54, 21 October 2018)
- Richard Charter on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 1 (08:45, 21 October 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (08:04, 21 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)