If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] TfL launches Please offer me a seat Badge – Railway Technology Deutsche Bank study finds London Travelcards most expensive in the world – London Loves Business Roadtrips by Routemaster: No.19 – London Festival of Architecture Brunel rail tunnel myth proven – Rail Engineer Penn Station renaissance – New York Times Analysis of what it takes ...
The development of AV technology in rail is already being planned on lines around the world. In Australia’s Pilbara region, global mining giant Rio Tinto are looking at the world’s first fully autonomous, heavy-haul, long-distance railway system – intended to transport iron ore. In the Netherlands, Prorail announced in 2016 it is planning to trial automated operation freight trains. And an operator that often leads the way in innovation, the CEO of German operator Deutsche Bahn, Rüdiger ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – May 19, 2017 (13:07, 24 May 2017)
- IslandDweller on One of the Family: Crossrail’s Transition to Being a Tube (22:28, 23 May 2017)
- @Fred on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (16:49, 22 May 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (09:24, 22 May 2017)
- timbeau on Tanners Hill Flydown – Part 2 (21:09, 21 May 2017)