If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] TfL launches Please offer me a seat Badge – Railway Technology Deutsche Bank study finds London Travelcards most expensive in the world – London Loves Business Roadtrips by Routemaster: No.19 – London Festival of Architecture Brunel rail tunnel myth proven – Rail Engineer Penn Station renaissance – New York Times Analysis of what it takes ...
The development of AV technology in rail is already being planned on lines around the world. In Australia’s Pilbara region, global mining giant Rio Tinto are looking at the world’s first fully autonomous, heavy-haul, long-distance railway system – intended to transport iron ore. In the Netherlands, Prorail announced in 2016 it is planning to trial automated operation freight trains. And an operator that often leads the way in innovation, the CEO of German operator Deutsche Bahn, Rüdiger ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Si on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (21:51, 11 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:27, 11 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (13:42, 11 December 2017)
- RogerB on TfL Confirm Gap in Croxley Rail Link Funding (13:21, 11 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)