London Underground has appointed SNC-Lavalin’s Rail & Transit team to undertake design work for the modification of rolling stock to improve accessibility for persons with reduced mobility and visual impairments. The contracts cover the train fleets used on the Bakerloo, Central and Waterloo & City lines, a total of 952 cars. The internal space on the trains is to be reconfigured with designated wheelchair and pushchair areas, and passenger information systems, passenger emergency ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)