When you walk or drive in the UK, you’re being nudged by dozens of hidden messages embedded in the roads and pavements. Holmes is a regional campaigns officer in London for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB). He suffers from a rare inherited condition that leaves him only able to make out vague colour contrasts around him. Yet he is able to safely pick his way through the hectic city streets, thanks to dozens of hidden messages embedded in our roads and pavements that few of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)