“Thanks to changes proposed by Transport for London (TfL), Uber could face a huge increase in operator licence fees in a further setback for the disruptive taxi-hailing app. Yesterday, TfL launched a consultation on plans to alter the fee structure for private vehicle hire operators. TfL is aiming to establish a new system in which operators pay fees that better reflect the cost of regulating the sector. “With 30,000 licensed drivers in London, Uber is the city’s largest operator ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (14:50, 22 January 2018)
- timbeau on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (14:10, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)