“Thanks to changes proposed by Transport for London (TfL), Uber could face a huge increase in operator licence fees in a further setback for the disruptive taxi-hailing app. Yesterday, TfL launched a consultation on plans to alter the fee structure for private vehicle hire operators. TfL is aiming to establish a new system in which operators pay fees that better reflect the cost of regulating the sector. “With 30,000 licensed drivers in London, Uber is the city’s largest operator ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (23:20, 15 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:50, 15 July 2019)
- Nameless on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:37, 15 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)