“Thanks to changes proposed by Transport for London (TfL), Uber could face a huge increase in operator licence fees in a further setback for the disruptive taxi-hailing app. Yesterday, TfL launched a consultation on plans to alter the fee structure for private vehicle hire operators. TfL is aiming to establish a new system in which operators pay fees that better reflect the cost of regulating the sector. “With 30,000 licensed drivers in London, Uber is the city’s largest operator ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (13:40, 19 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)
- Greg Tingey on West London Line cocooned by Earls Court development (09:39, 19 May 2019)
- rational plan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 May 2019 (15:21, 18 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 17 May 2019 (07:42, 18 May 2019)