“Thanks to changes proposed by Transport for London (TfL), Uber could face a huge increase in operator licence fees in a further setback for the disruptive taxi-hailing app. Yesterday, TfL launched a consultation on plans to alter the fee structure for private vehicle hire operators. TfL is aiming to establish a new system in which operators pay fees that better reflect the cost of regulating the sector. “With 30,000 licensed drivers in London, Uber is the city’s largest operator ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mikey C on Crossrail: Timetable for success? (00:38, 16 August 2018)
- Mikey C on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:04, 16 August 2018)
- Herned on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (20:54, 15 August 2018)
- ngh on A Good Spark is Getting Hard to Find: SWR and the December Timetable (09:34, 15 August 2018)
- Stuart on The new Walbrook entrance at Bank (10:36, 13 August 2018)