“London’s congestion charge is set to be extended under new plans from Mayor Sadiq Khan, who wants to charge the most heavily polluting cars and vans a daily fee of £12.50 to enter the city centre from 2019. Asthma-sufferer Khan, who was elected less than a year ago, has promised to make London one of the greenest cities in the world, with more electric buses and charging points for cars. “An Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), in which cars must meet stringent emissions standards to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)