Visitors to Rail Live 21-22 June 2017 will be able to travel by train right to the show, courtesy of Vivarail’s D-Train. Passenger shuttles will run between Honeybourne station and a special platform inside the showground at the Quintin Rail Technology Centre (QRTC). This will be the first time the Class 230 has been in passenger service. The prototype ‘230’ was built and tested at QRTC, and this will be a unique opportunity to ride the train on-site. “Vivarail is delighted to be able to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Peter Kay on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (01:30, 23 June 2018)
- Tim Roll-Pickering on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (00:33, 23 June 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 22 June 2018 (23:43, 22 June 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (14:27, 20 June 2018)
- Gavlar on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (13:50, 20 June 2018)