This is the next installment of our weekly Friday Reads post – listing some links and articles we’ve been reading at LR Towers. Also check out our Industry News posts, updated every weekday, with the latest developments in technology, operations, frameworks, policy and best-practices. If you’ve have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, don’t forget to email us at [email protected] Transit disaster evacuation science – ...
Slough Freight Exchange (SIFE) decision goes to High Court “Goodman Logistics Development (UK) Ltd is asking a judge to order the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to reconsider its proposal for the Slough International Freight Exchange (SIFE), on land north of the A4 Colnbrook Bypass. It comes after Goodman’s appeal against the original 2015 decision was rejected by the government last July. “The scheme would provide a terminal where freight can be ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (02:24, 18 July 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (02:19, 18 July 2018)
- Anonymous on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (01:31, 18 July 2018)
- CBTC Trainer on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (17:57, 17 July 2018)
- Stewart on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (08:46, 16 July 2018)