Much has been written about Crossrail in recent years. One topic that has largely slipped through the net, however, is the revival of the originally planned route from Abbey Wood to Ebbsfleet. This was to be part of Crossrail, with the new line’s trains running on existing tracks beyond Abbey Wood. A combination of the need for a more affordable scheme and a fear of ‘performance pollution’, however, led to this aspect of the scheme being dropped. That is, it seems, until this ...
“Testing has finally begun on the UK’s first tram-train vehicles which are expected to be rolled out onto the network in 2018. The pilot scheme marks the first count of tram-trains in the UK and will provide a direct connection between Sheffield city centre and Rotherham Central and Parkgate by operating on both the tram and train network. “Initial testing and mileage accumulation for the seven Citylink tram-trains kicked off today as engineers looked to prepare the rolling stock ...
The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted that we’ve temporarily removed a few of the more advanced features of the website. Most notably, the “Most active articles” list on the side of the homepage. The less eagle-eyed will have also spotted that in recent months LR has gradually been getting slower sometimes to load, reaching a point in the last couple of weeks where the site has even begun throwing errors occasionally when it tries to load a page. It’ll probably not ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:02, 22 May 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (12:23, 22 May 2019)
- timbeau on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (21:52, 21 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (20:56, 21 May 2019)