Much has been written about Crossrail in recent years. One topic that has largely slipped through the net, however, is the revival of the originally planned route from Abbey Wood to Ebbsfleet. This was to be part of Crossrail, with the new line’s trains running on existing tracks beyond Abbey Wood. A combination of the need for a more affordable scheme and a fear of ‘performance pollution’, however, led to this aspect of the scheme being dropped. That is, it seems, until this ...
“Testing has finally begun on the UK’s first tram-train vehicles which are expected to be rolled out onto the network in 2018. The pilot scheme marks the first count of tram-trains in the UK and will provide a direct connection between Sheffield city centre and Rotherham Central and Parkgate by operating on both the tram and train network. “Initial testing and mileage accumulation for the seven Citylink tram-trains kicked off today as engineers looked to prepare the rolling stock ...
The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted that we’ve temporarily removed a few of the more advanced features of the website. Most notably, the “Most active articles” list on the side of the homepage. The less eagle-eyed will have also spotted that in recent months LR has gradually been getting slower sometimes to load, reaching a point in the last couple of weeks where the site has even begun throwing errors occasionally when it tries to load a page. It’ll probably not ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alex McKenna on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (21:02, 26 June 2017)
- Littlejohn on TfL Confirm Gap in Croxley Rail Link Funding (18:59, 26 June 2017)
- Verulamius on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (17:37, 26 June 2017)
- Graham H on High Speed Buffers (Part 4): Terminal Policies and Priorities (20:28, 25 June 2017)
- NickBxn on Second Time Lucky: Rebuilding Camden Town Station (14:14, 24 June 2017)