As anyone looking to properly understand London’s transport needs and network knows, context, background and best-practice are important. As readers might imagine, behind the scenes here at LR Towers we thus spend a lot of time sharing links and reading around the subjects we cover here. We also occasionally share links containing good information about transport topics that we know we just don’t have time to cover. We also all, as authors, occasionally write elsewhere on this or ...
“More than £6.5 million was spent by Transport for London (TfL) on its doomed tunnel-cleaning train project, it has been revealed. The scheme was first mooted six years ago by then Mayor of London Boris Johnson as a dust-busting alternative to laborious manual cleaning of Tube tunnels, which is carried out nightly by workers known colloquially as ‘fluffers’ during so-called engineering hours when no passenger services run. “The plan to automate Tube cleaning hit the buffers, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (17:24, 21 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (14:48, 21 January 2018)
- Briantist on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (15:05, 19 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)