On 14 March 2017 Network Rail finally published its draft Kent Area Route Study Report. On the same day, quite deliberately, the DfT published its consultation document for the requirements of the next South East rail franchise entitled South Eastern Rail Franchise Public Consultation. Here we take a look at the Route Study report in general and more specifically at the suburban services through London Bridge operated as part of the South East rail franchise. Not a Route Utilisation Study This ...
“February 23 2017 marked 10 years since the last passenger or staff fatality in a train accident on Great Britain’s national rail network. While there have been fatalities from other causes including trespass and suicide and at level crossings, the last occasion when a passenger died in a derailment or collision was at Grayrigg on February 23 2007.” The Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) said the absence of major accidents in the past decade had made it easier for the industry ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)