UK-based rail seating provider Transcal has joined forces with consultancy Factorydesign to develop the new Aerolite train seat. Factorydesign was briefed to produce a new lighter, slimmer and comfortable seat, applied its experience of designing airline seating. The company based the Transcal Aerolite design on the Superlight Series 3 seat that was originally created for UK airline seating specialist, Acro. Factorydesign associate Matthew Fiddimore said: “Rather than being made of steel, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Alex McKenna on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (13:16, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)