UK-based rail seating provider Transcal has joined forces with consultancy Factorydesign to develop the new Aerolite train seat. Factorydesign was briefed to produce a new lighter, slimmer and comfortable seat, applied its experience of designing airline seating. The company based the Transcal Aerolite design on the Superlight Series 3 seat that was originally created for UK airline seating specialist, Acro. Factorydesign associate Matthew Fiddimore said: “Rather than being made of steel, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)