French officials have announced their decision to create a direct and rapid rail service between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Paris city centre. This project, which would help alleviate car traffic to and from Europe’s second-busiest airport, comes in the midst of ongoing efforts to cut down traffic congestion and air pollution in the French capital. Dubbed CDG Express, the project consists of a direct rail link that would run every fifteen minutes, from 5am to midnight, between Charles ...
Imperial College of London researchers have joined climate charity 10:10 to announce the Renewable Traction Power project, a pioneering trial of track-side solar panels to power trains. Funded from Innovate UK’s Energy Game Changers programme, the project also includes Turbo Power Systems and Community Energy South as partners. http://www.railway-technology.com/features/featuresolar-powered-trains-will-the-uk-seize-the-moment-5724901/?WT.mc_id=WN_Feat
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)