French officials have announced their decision to create a direct and rapid rail service between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Paris city centre. This project, which would help alleviate car traffic to and from Europe’s second-busiest airport, comes in the midst of ongoing efforts to cut down traffic congestion and air pollution in the French capital. Dubbed CDG Express, the project consists of a direct rail link that would run every fifteen minutes, from 5am to midnight, between Charles ...
Imperial College of London researchers have joined climate charity 10:10 to announce the Renewable Traction Power project, a pioneering trial of track-side solar panels to power trains. Funded from Innovate UK’s Energy Game Changers programme, the project also includes Turbo Power Systems and Community Energy South as partners. http://www.railway-technology.com/features/featuresolar-powered-trains-will-the-uk-seize-the-moment-5724901/?WT.mc_id=WN_Feat
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Reggie on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (22:57, 18 February 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (14:55, 18 February 2019)
- Mikey C on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (14:28, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- martin currie on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (18:31, 16 February 2019)