French officials have announced their decision to create a direct and rapid rail service between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Paris city centre. This project, which would help alleviate car traffic to and from Europe’s second-busiest airport, comes in the midst of ongoing efforts to cut down traffic congestion and air pollution in the French capital. Dubbed CDG Express, the project consists of a direct rail link that would run every fifteen minutes, from 5am to midnight, between Charles ...
Imperial College of London researchers have joined climate charity 10:10 to announce the Renewable Traction Power project, a pioneering trial of track-side solar panels to power trains. Funded from Innovate UK’s Energy Game Changers programme, the project also includes Turbo Power Systems and Community Energy South as partners. http://www.railway-technology.com/features/featuresolar-powered-trains-will-the-uk-seize-the-moment-5724901/?WT.mc_id=WN_Feat
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (10:39, 26 April 2019)
- Geoff Hines on A Study In Sussex Part 7: East Croydon (10:24, 26 April 2019)
- Tim on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (12:35, 25 April 2019)
- RayL on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (11:45, 25 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)