TfL have released a number of images showing the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) for the Northern Line Extension. These were lifted into place at Ferrovial Agroman Laing O’Rourke’s TBM portal at Battersea earlier this month. The images highlight that whilst this will be a different build (both in terms of scale and, to a certain extent, technique) to Crossrail, the overall approach and technology involved are broadly the same. Despite coming from a different supplier (NFM Technologies in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- CDPL on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (21:21, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (20:15, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (17:25, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)