TfL have released a number of images showing the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) for the Northern Line Extension. These were lifted into place at Ferrovial Agroman Laing O’Rourke’s TBM portal at Battersea earlier this month. The images highlight that whilst this will be a different build (both in terms of scale and, to a certain extent, technique) to Crossrail, the overall approach and technology involved are broadly the same. Despite coming from a different supplier (NFM Technologies in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- RogerB on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (11:47, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)