Finally, we have got around to analysing the answers to the 2016 Christmas Quiz. The way the questions were marked was basically one mark per question – except for the Denis Thatcher question (Q15) and the pram button question (Q18) where each of the two parts scored a point. On the platform question (Q21), just about everyone got platform 0 at King’s Cross so we simply awarded a point to those that were able to answer the second part about the non-existent platform A at Marylebone. ...
After an extended Winter break, London Reconnections continues its New York podcast series with an episode on cycling in New York. Doug Gordon is the author of the Brooklyn Spoke, which focuses on bike advocacy and safe streets. He’s also a TV producer and writer with credits for National Geographic TV, ABC, Discovery, PBS, and the Travel Channel. Julia Kite is the Policy and Research Manager for Transportation Alternatives (TransAlt), New York City’s advocates for walking, biking, ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Friday Reads – August 18, 2017 (19:04, 20 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (11:27, 20 August 2017)
- Al Daw on c2c: The Timetables, They Are A-Changin’ (21:58, 19 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (09:56, 18 August 2017)
- Graham Feakins on The Kent Route Study (Part 4): Victoria – Dartford, the Forgotten Southeast Service (01:24, 18 August 2017)