Finally, we have got around to analysing the answers to the 2016 Christmas Quiz. The way the questions were marked was basically one mark per question – except for the Denis Thatcher question (Q15) and the pram button question (Q18) where each of the two parts scored a point. On the platform question (Q21), just about everyone got platform 0 at King’s Cross so we simply awarded a point to those that were able to answer the second part about the non-existent platform A at Marylebone. ...
After an extended Winter break, London Reconnections continues its New York podcast series with an episode on cycling in New York. Doug Gordon is the author of the Brooklyn Spoke, which focuses on bike advocacy and safe streets. He’s also a TV producer and writer with credits for National Geographic TV, ABC, Discovery, PBS, and the Travel Channel. Julia Kite is the Policy and Research Manager for Transportation Alternatives (TransAlt), New York City’s advocates for walking, biking, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Vince on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (20:37, 24 May 2019)
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (19:54, 24 May 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (15:17, 24 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (14:56, 24 May 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)