Finally, we have got around to analysing the answers to the 2016 Christmas Quiz. The way the questions were marked was basically one mark per question – except for the Denis Thatcher question (Q15) and the pram button question (Q18) where each of the two parts scored a point. On the platform question (Q21), just about everyone got platform 0 at King’s Cross so we simply awarded a point to those that were able to answer the second part about the non-existent platform A at Marylebone. ...
After an extended Winter break, London Reconnections continues its New York podcast series with an episode on cycling in New York. Doug Gordon is the author of the Brooklyn Spoke, which focuses on bike advocacy and safe streets. He’s also a TV producer and writer with credits for National Geographic TV, ABC, Discovery, PBS, and the Travel Channel. Julia Kite is the Policy and Research Manager for Transportation Alternatives (TransAlt), New York City’s advocates for walking, biking, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (18:07, 21 August 2018)
- timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (17:58, 21 August 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (08:06, 21 August 2018)
- Rog (1londonblog) on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (19:19, 19 August 2018)
- Dstock7080 on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (10:46, 19 August 2018)