It will probably not have escaped most readers attention that the main portion of the new London Bridge station concourse opened on August Bank Holiday Monday. Impressions are invariably subjective and so London Reconnections breaks its rule about being objective to give you a report on the development. Space, Minimalism and Integration Much has been said about how spacious the new station looks. On arriving from the Southern platforms it does look open and impressive, but at first it appears ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (06:42, 20 February 2018)
- James Bunting on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (02:21, 20 February 2018)
- Anon E. Mouse on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (01:33, 20 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The new Walbrook entrance at Bank (19:01, 19 February 2018)
- Graham H on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (13:25, 19 February 2018)