Long Branch Mike will be presenting at the London Underground Railway Society (LURS) on Tuesday 9 August, 2016, at the Society’s monthly meeting, on the development and evolution of the Pneumatic Despatch Railway, the world’s second oldest underground, as well as on other pneumatic railways of the era that were started and proposed. The talk is based on the LR article which covered the topic, as well as its prequel article on Lapsed historian, but with additional information on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)