In 1932 Arsenal became the only football club to have a Tube station named after them. This is the story of how a station helped lure the club north and of Herbert Chapman, the man who was determined to see that station renamed.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (18:58, 22 April 2018)
- Si on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (14:45, 22 April 2018)
- Briantist on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:27, 22 April 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 20 April 2018 (21:08, 21 April 2018)
- IslandDweller on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:15, 20 April 2018)