In 1932 Arsenal became the only football club to have a Tube station named after them. This is the story of how a station helped lure the club north and of Herbert Chapman, the man who was determined to see that station renamed.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (21:02, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)