With the euphoria surrounding the completion of Crossrail’s running tunnels and the subsequent dismantling of the TBMs it is easy to forget that there is an awful lot of civil engineering construction work still to be done on the project. In this article we look at the current state of work at Paddington Crossrail station. Building large, underground stations in central London is always a difficult task. This is certainly true on Crossrail, the stations for which are generally being built ...
Just a quick note to say that gift subscriptions are now an option in the LR shop. This was something that a number of readers had requested, so we’ve added a specific product for it. The price is exactly the same as a regular subscription, but your chosen recipient will receive their first issue(s) wrapped or, alternatively, receive a gift card containing a voucher code for their subscription which they can activate at their convenience. You can find the gift subscription here.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Leo on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (14:28, 20 July 2019)
- Jim Jordan on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (10:23, 20 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)