It seems to be a truism that the less important a railway line is, the more interest there is in it. Of all the lines in the southern Home Counties it is the line to Uckfield which seems to incite the most passion and desire to comment on it. This is despite the fact that relatively few people use it. We have briefly covered this before in part 2 and, with reference to the Brighton Main Line 2 proposal in part 10 but because there are so many controversial proposals for this line, and because ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Balthazar on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (17:06, 20 September 2018)
- Reynolds 953 on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (16:37, 20 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)