It seems to be a truism that the less important a railway line is, the more interest there is in it. Of all the lines in the southern Home Counties it is the line to Uckfield which seems to incite the most passion and desire to comment on it. This is despite the fact that relatively few people use it. We have briefly covered this before in part 2 and, with reference to the Brighton Main Line 2 proposal in part 10 but because there are so many controversial proposals for this line, and because ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)