It seems to be a truism that the less important a railway line is, the more interest there is in it. Of all the lines in the southern Home Counties it is the line to Uckfield which seems to incite the most passion and desire to comment on it. This is despite the fact that relatively few people use it. We have briefly covered this before in part 2 and, with reference to the Brighton Main Line 2 proposal in part 10 but because there are so many controversial proposals for this line, and because ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Si on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (21:51, 11 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:27, 11 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (13:42, 11 December 2017)
- RogerB on TfL Confirm Gap in Croxley Rail Link Funding (13:21, 11 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)