The topics of rail devolution and London Overground are closely entwined. Without devolution the former Silverlink services in North London would never have become TfL’s London Overground. The success of the Overground has, in turn, led to further devolution and calls for even more of it. Those calls got even louder today with the publication of Devolving rail services to London, a report by the London Assembly’s Transport Committee, which advocates the devolution of huge swathes of South ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (02:24, 18 July 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (02:19, 18 July 2018)
- Anonymous on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (01:31, 18 July 2018)
- CBTC Trainer on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (17:57, 17 July 2018)
- Stewart on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (08:46, 16 July 2018)