The Mayor and TfL Board have today confirmed the appointment of Mike Brown as Transport Commissioner. Brown has held the post in a temporary capacity since Sir Peter Hendy’s resignation in July. Before this, he served as Managing Director of London Underground and Rail, a post he took up in 2010 following a period in charge of Heathrow Airport. In terms of career path, Brown falls broadly within the technocrat category that TfL have strongly favoured in leadership positions in recent years. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (18:22, 19 April 2019)
- Russell.FL on Friday Reads – 19 April 2019 (15:56, 19 April 2019)
- Hackneyite on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:53, 19 April 2019)
- The Future’s Bright, The Future’s Orange on No Do Nothing Option: The Increasing Cost of the Bakerloo’s Trains (19:41, 17 April 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 April 2019 (21:18, 16 April 2019)