The Mayor and TfL Board have today confirmed the appointment of Mike Brown as Transport Commissioner. Brown has held the post in a temporary capacity since Sir Peter Hendy’s resignation in July. Before this, he served as Managing Director of London Underground and Rail, a post he took up in 2010 following a period in charge of Heathrow Airport. In terms of career path, Brown falls broadly within the technocrat category that TfL have strongly favoured in leadership positions in recent years. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (14:55, 25 August 2019)
- RogerB on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:31, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)