The Mayor and TfL Board have today confirmed the appointment of Mike Brown as Transport Commissioner. Brown has held the post in a temporary capacity since Sir Peter Hendy’s resignation in July. Before this, he served as Managing Director of London Underground and Rail, a post he took up in 2010 following a period in charge of Heathrow Airport. In terms of career path, Brown falls broadly within the technocrat category that TfL have strongly favoured in leadership positions in recent years. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)