The Mayor and TfL Board have today confirmed the appointment of Mike Brown as Transport Commissioner. Brown has held the post in a temporary capacity since Sir Peter Hendy’s resignation in July. Before this, he served as Managing Director of London Underground and Rail, a post he took up in 2010 following a period in charge of Heathrow Airport. In terms of career path, Brown falls broadly within the technocrat category that TfL have strongly favoured in leadership positions in recent years. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mikey C on Crossrail: Timetable for success? (00:38, 16 August 2018)
- Mikey C on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:04, 16 August 2018)
- Herned on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (20:54, 15 August 2018)
- ngh on A Good Spark is Getting Hard to Find: SWR and the December Timetable (09:34, 15 August 2018)
- Stuart on The new Walbrook entrance at Bank (10:36, 13 August 2018)