The Mayor and TfL Board have today confirmed the appointment of Mike Brown as Transport Commissioner. Brown has held the post in a temporary capacity since Sir Peter Hendy’s resignation in July. Before this, he served as Managing Director of London Underground and Rail, a post he took up in 2010 following a period in charge of Heathrow Airport. In terms of career path, Brown falls broadly within the technocrat category that TfL have strongly favoured in leadership positions in recent years. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Milton Clevedon on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (12:04, 22 February 2019)
- GT on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (10:15, 22 February 2019)
- Walthamstow Writer on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (23:03, 21 February 2019)
- Albert J. P. on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (11:32, 21 February 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (21:13, 20 February 2019)