Our look at how Croydon Tramlink is expected to develop by 2030 needs to take a bit of a diversion. In the early 2020s it is proposed to add a new short branch. To understand both why and to where, we really need to look at another proposal – one for a short, simple tram network to serve the Sutton and Morden area. We want one too! It was not long after Croydon Tramlink opened, or perhaps even slightly before, that the neighbouring borough of Sutton first seriously proposed a scheme of its ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)