We have reported previously on the ongoing problems with the resignalling contract for the Subsurface Railway (the Circle, District, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines). The contract is an important one, for it underpins much of the work currently underway on the Underground. In advance of a TfL Board Finance and Policy meeting later this week a paper on this contract has been published. We look at its contents with a critical eye to see if a sound plan for the future has begun to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)