We have reported previously on the ongoing problems with the resignalling contract for the Subsurface Railway (the Circle, District, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines). The contract is an important one, for it underpins much of the work currently underway on the Underground. In advance of a TfL Board Finance and Policy meeting later this week a paper on this contract has been published. We look at its contents with a critical eye to see if a sound plan for the future has begun to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)