Camden Council recently approved a scheme to revamp Tottenham Court Road. The scheme is quite significant in its own right but the thinking behind it also says a lot about current ideas on how best to use limited highway space in central London. Here we take a look at the issues of this particular scheme and the significance it may have for developments in the future. Going back to the beginning Tottenham Court Road was named quite simply because it was the road from St Giles at the eastern ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- B&T on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (11:32, 18 March 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (09:40, 18 March 2018)
- 100andthirty on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (08:05, 18 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)