Camden Council recently approved a scheme to revamp Tottenham Court Road. The scheme is quite significant in its own right but the thinking behind it also says a lot about current ideas on how best to use limited highway space in central London. Here we take a look at the issues of this particular scheme and the significance it may have for developments in the future. Going back to the beginning Tottenham Court Road was named quite simply because it was the road from St Giles at the eastern ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ben on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (14:28, 23 July 2018)
- The Orange One on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (12:57, 23 July 2018)
- Twopenny Tube on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (12:54, 23 July 2018)
- 1956 on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:50, 23 July 2018)
- NST on The Waterloo Link (10:37, 23 July 2018)