Camden Council recently approved a scheme to revamp Tottenham Court Road. The scheme is quite significant in its own right but the thinking behind it also says a lot about current ideas on how best to use limited highway space in central London. Here we take a look at the issues of this particular scheme and the significance it may have for developments in the future. Going back to the beginning Tottenham Court Road was named quite simply because it was the road from St Giles at the eastern ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- DMVW9 on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (10:21, 17 October 2017)
- ngh on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (09:40, 17 October 2017)
- Stuart Winton on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (06:47, 17 October 2017)
- Graham H on The Ninety Second Railway: Making the Victoria The Most Frequent Metro in the World (17:45, 16 October 2017)
- John on Old Oak Common: A Vision and Challenge For Crossrail (Part 1) (17:03, 16 October 2017)