Back in July, MTR were awarded the contract to run all Crossrail services. It would be easy to assume that this translates to services starting in 2018, when the central tunnel section is due to open. In truth, however, Crossrail services start far earlier than that. For the Crossrail Concession includes the operation of Liverpool Street – Shenfield services from May 2015 onwards. Gaining an Identity For some time this early takeover has led to an interesting subject for debate – ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Librarian on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (07:40, 18 August 2018)
- Brighton Reader on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (06:40, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)