On the 9th October, at Kings Cross, TfL unveiled the latest concept for the New Tube for London (NTfL) – the rolling stock design that will serve the majority of the “Deep Tube” lines, beginning with the Piccadilly Line in 2022. For a good percentage of its life, across many lines, this train will have a driver. The last part of that introductory paragraph may sound like a strange thing to say. It is a topic to which we will return later. First, however, let’s take a look at the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)