The idea of extending the Bakerloo Line southwards is almost as old as the Bakerloo Line itself. One that seems to capture the imagination of rail enthusiasts, politicians and Londoners alike. It certainly ranks alongside suggestions such as re-opening disused stations, extending the Waterloo & City Line and of somehow finding a use for the former Aldwych branch of the Piccadilly Line in a considerable number of amateur and professional imaginations. Reasons for wanting to extend the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- A Gerald on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (23:13, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (21:20, 23 July 2019)
- Mark Townend on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (18:10, 23 July 2019)
- Henry on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (11:45, 23 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)