This August Bank Holiday sees the first major Thameslink Blockade at London Bridge. The low level platforms and the route in from the Southern lines (via New Cross Gate or South Bermondsey) will be blocked from Saturday August 23rd to Sunday August 31st. These nine days have been chosen because they include an August Bank Holiday which not only means fewer working days closure but also it is taking place during a week when rail traffic is unusually quiet. Parts of The Railway Shut Down Map ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Garden Bridge Review: Isabel Dedring Transcript (18:16, 16 December 2017)
- Malcolm on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (17:38, 15 December 2017)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – December 15, 2017 (15:27, 15 December 2017)
- ngh on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (09:54, 14 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (21:14, 13 December 2017)