In part 2 of our look at Sussex we made much of the economic problems of Hastings. In this part we will look at a radical proposal to improve the service from London to Hastings and Bexhill. This is the idea to extend the HS1 Domestic service from Ashford to Rye, Hastings and Bexhill by substantially upgrading the currently unelectrified line from Ashford to Ore, just to the east of Hastings. A Butterfly flaps its wings… One thing of which we are constantly reminded in rail transport is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- GT on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (10:15, 22 February 2019)
- Aleks on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (09:06, 22 February 2019)
- Walthamstow Writer on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (23:03, 21 February 2019)
- Albert J. P. on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (11:32, 21 February 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (21:13, 20 February 2019)