In part 2 of our look at Sussex we made much of the economic problems of Hastings. In this part we will look at a radical proposal to improve the service from London to Hastings and Bexhill. This is the idea to extend the HS1 Domestic service from Ashford to Rye, Hastings and Bexhill by substantially upgrading the currently unelectrified line from Ashford to Ore, just to the east of Hastings. A Butterfly flaps its wings… One thing of which we are constantly reminded in rail transport is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (13:58, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)