Last weekend presented a rare opportunity to actually get inside Marc Brunel’s Thames Tunnel. A temporary closure to facilitate works elsewhere on the East London Line allowed TfL to open it up to a limited number of visitors in order to help the Brunel Museum raise funds for some construction work. Perhaps unsurprisingly, LR were there – and thus below are a selection of photos showing the current state of the Tunnel. You can find out more about the Tunnel and its construction here. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Sad Fat Dad on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (14:57, 15 December 2018)
- IslandDweller on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (13:18, 15 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)