Last weekend presented a rare opportunity to actually get inside Marc Brunel’s Thames Tunnel. A temporary closure to facilitate works elsewhere on the East London Line allowed TfL to open it up to a limited number of visitors in order to help the Brunel Museum raise funds for some construction work. Perhaps unsurprisingly, LR were there – and thus below are a selection of photos showing the current state of the Tunnel. You can find out more about the Tunnel and its construction here. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (17:30, 18 February 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (14:55, 18 February 2019)
- Mikey C on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (14:28, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- martin currie on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (18:31, 16 February 2019)