Last weekend presented a rare opportunity to actually get inside Marc Brunel’s Thames Tunnel. A temporary closure to facilitate works elsewhere on the East London Line allowed TfL to open it up to a limited number of visitors in order to help the Brunel Museum raise funds for some construction work. Perhaps unsurprisingly, LR were there – and thus below are a selection of photos showing the current state of the Tunnel. You can find out more about the Tunnel and its construction here. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anecon on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (19:58, 22 October 2018)
- Mr Beckton on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (19:10, 22 October 2018)
- Betterbee on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (11:56, 22 October 2018)
- Richard Charter on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 1 (08:45, 21 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)