In recent months on London Reconnections we have looked at the future of most of the tube lines, with articles on the Metropolitan Line, the other Sub-Surface Railway (SSR) Lines and the deep tube lines. Some lines, however, deserve a look in more detail than others – and one of those is the Piccadilly. We omitted the Piccadilly Line from the general look at deep level tube lines because it was worthy of at least one article on its own. In fact it will actually get the best part of two, ...
As you’ve no doubt spotted, we’ve updated the LR site visually and extensively behind the scenes. As many readers will remember, we shifted to new infrastructure and layout a while back. This new change is intended to allow us to take advantage of various technical changes that have happened on the web since then, incorporate some of the feedback from the last round of changes, and – most importantly – to give us a design that we can iterate rather than overhaul going ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (16:11, 17 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- JFN on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (12:51, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)