In recent months on London Reconnections we have looked at the future of most of the tube lines, with articles on the Metropolitan Line, the other Sub-Surface Railway (SSR) Lines and the deep tube lines. Some lines, however, deserve a look in more detail than others – and one of those is the Piccadilly. We omitted the Piccadilly Line from the general look at deep level tube lines because it was worthy of at least one article on its own. In fact it will actually get the best part of two, ...
As you’ve no doubt spotted, we’ve updated the LR site visually and extensively behind the scenes. As many readers will remember, we shifted to new infrastructure and layout a while back. This new change is intended to allow us to take advantage of various technical changes that have happened on the web since then, incorporate some of the feedback from the last round of changes, and – most importantly – to give us a design that we can iterate rather than overhaul going ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:17, 16 October 2018)
- Verulamius on A Study In Sussex part 13: Norwood Junction (14:28, 16 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (12:34, 15 October 2018)
- dm1 on Friday Reads – 12 October 2018 (12:03, 14 October 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 5 October 2018 (14:23, 13 October 2018)