The British Postal Museum & Archive (BPMA) has submitted plans to Islington Council proposing to reopen a section of the Mail Rail beneath Mount Pleasant sorting office, this time for public use.
At 0300 this morning, a freight train running from Lawley Street to Felixstowe derailed just west of Camden Road station on the North London Line. Although the full extent and cause of the accident remains to be seen, the damage appears significant, although no injuries were sustained.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Crossrail: A Hole New World (08:07, 16 November 2018)
- Ian J on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (21:48, 15 November 2018)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (17:46, 15 November 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (15:53, 15 November 2018)
- James Bunting on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (16:44, 14 November 2018)