This article grew in the telling. As with so many other places on the London rail network, it is hard to give a comprehensive overview of plans for one improvement on the East Coast Mainline (ECML) without attempting to coherently explain neighbouring developments that influence or shape those plans. This is one reason why the Thameslink Programme features so often on London Reconnections; it has a huge impact on existing services both north and south of the river. The London end of the ECML has ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)