It has probably not escaped your notice that around a year ago a big sporting event was staged and was largely based in London. In the build-up and follow-on one of the words most associated with this event was ‘legacy’. With so much of the government’s justification for the Olympic Games based on the legacy it would produce, it is hardly surprising that a report has been produced emphasising the benefits which have been calculated as around £9.9bn. On a somewhat smaller scale ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Garden Bridge Review: Isabel Dedring Transcript (18:16, 16 December 2017)
- Malcolm on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (17:38, 15 December 2017)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – December 15, 2017 (15:27, 15 December 2017)
- ngh on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (09:54, 14 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (21:14, 13 December 2017)